We Got This!

We Got This!
Me and the husband

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

As Charlie Sheen Says, "Winning!"

Hey guys
Just a short post tonight, as I don't have much to share except we are WINNING this battle! For those of you that haven't seen yet, my CT results came back and they were awesome! The tumor in my breast is resolved (all gone!) and the nodules in my liver are dying off and turning into scar tissue. There was also another node in my chest that resolved too. So after two rounds of chemo I have made tremendous progress! I chalk this up to all the prayers and positive thoughts you all have been sending my way.
I have to admit, I have been known to be a negative nancy. However, with this diagnosis I have embraced the power of positivity. Many of you have contacted me and told me how inspirational I am and how strong I seem. Let me tell you, as much as I appreciate all your kind words, I am no different than any of you in this type of crisis. I think most of you would pick yourself up and keep on moving toward the finish line if you were hit with a medical crisis. I don't wish it on any of you, that's for sure. But the power is in the positivity, the living in the moment.
Today I sat with Bill at lunch and we made a bucket list for me. If there is one thing this diagnosis has taught me, it's that I needed to start living. I want to do things now, not just talk about them. I want to show Sam a life that's good, blessed, and fun. We put things on there like take a trip to Nashville, rent a cabin on Tully Green Lake this summer, buy bikes and ride with Sam, go to Disney with my parents....and planning Sam's first birthday!
Nothing crazy, but small goals. Things I can look forward to, things to live for. I wasted a lot of my PC life (Prior to cancer) chasing deadlines, working toward the next best thing, searching for happiness. I didn't always take time to enjoy the small things. I find myself daily stopping myself and telling myself to take the moment in. Whether that moment is giving Sam a bath and watching him kick the water in my face or just watching quietly as Bill smiles with Sam and I marvel at how we both are a part of him.
This diagnosis has also allowed me to let loose, and not care what others think. I love my karaoke, and I'm taking my show on the road this Friday. Join us at Candy's Hillside in Jamesville for some good times at a dive bar to celebrate my results!
It's also shown me just how draining negativity can be. I want to shake some people that I see complaining, those that can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel because of stupid, mundane things. You have your whole life to live, let go of the past, make your own future. The only person who can do that is you, yourself. Negativity preys on people and you can't let it win.
All the positive thinking, prayers, supportive energy clearly have an affect on me. I know that I would not be doing as well if I hadn't shared my journey with all of you and had rallied so much support. It is awe-inspiring how lifted I feel by all of you.
So keep your heads held high, know that you too are capable of being strong in a crisis, and you too can live a life that's good. That's my mantra these days from a song I heard on Nashville, "At the end of the day, Lord I pray, I've lived a life that's good."
Live each day, knowing, you got this!

2 comments:

  1. WOOOOHOOOO!!!! You Go Jodie!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful inspirations, Biche….positive energy gains light and happiness. My heart was filled with sunshine yesterday, when I read your progress…sunshine in my heart and soul for your continued progress…on your way to Nashville, Elvis! NAMASTE and xoxo

    ReplyDelete